ShoutOuts have been a key component to many teams since they were launched. The ability to highlight skills within your team member recommendations allows the team to reinforce key values within your organization. With the high engagement of our ShoutOuts we have seen a lot of great recommendations associated with relevant skills. As every team has different skills that they want to highlight we reviewed and normalized the data to highlight the most prominent skills that are recommended on ChatFox by remote teams. Here are the top skills:
- Business Acumen: Business skills including sales, marketing, customer success, accounting, etc.
- Work-Life Balance: The ability to turn work off and enjoy your life.
- Technical Skills: Functional skills like coding, engineering, design, etc.
- Entrepreneurship: The ability to develop and drive new ideas forward.
- Learning: The willingness and ability to learn.
- Organization: Organizational skills.
- Communication: Keeping open and consistent communication.
- Leadership: Taking ownership and leading your team to success.
- Reliability: Delivering on your responsibilities.
- Problem Solving: The ability to think through problems.
- Team Work: Working with your teammates to create synergy.
- Perseverance: Working through your challenges to get things done.
It is no surprise that Teamwork is highly valued on remote teams. With increased project management and communication challenges when working remotely it is essential that team members work together and fill in the gaps. This is a combination of being reliable, being solving problems, and communicating with your colleagues.
In a remote work environment, there is nobody there to hold your hand. Team members are working on their own schedules and are not available in the cubicle next to you during standard working hours. It is up to you to get through your challenges and deliver on your team member’s expectations.
It’s easy to fall back on your technical or business skills as the most important thing that you can contribute to an organization. Your skills are an important part of your job, but your ability to meet organization skills like reliability, problem-solving, teamwork, and perseverance helps the organization grow as a whole. When hiring for remote workers make sure that you have evaluated new team members’ ability to contribute to your organization’s success as well as complete their individual deliverables.
ChatFox is a Slack chatbot that builds remote teams and culture. Remote teams that only engage through projects, tasks, and deadlines do not foster a culture around shared values and goals. Build a strong remote team culture, improve remote team productivity, and eliminate team member isolation. Use ChatFox Icebreakers to build rapport with team members, use ChatFox Coffee Chats to have meaningful conversations with people across your organization, or use ChatFox Shout Outs to recommend a colleague and endorse their skills. Unlike other remote team solutions, ChatFox looks at remote team culture from a strategic perspective and has created engaging chats for your team that provide management with insights into remote team engagement, skills, contributions, and mobility.Employee engagementhiringleadershipremote teamsremote workingskillsteamwork